Me and my agent, but more importantly GREAT friend!

Me and my agent, but more importantly GREAT friend!
Jess and Amanda

Swimming in Lake Taupo, New Zealand

Swimming in Lake Taupo, New Zealand
"How sweet it is!"

Jessica Jacobs...IRONMAN CHAMPION!!!!

Ironman Florida, 2010 Women's Champion in a time of 9:07:50

Crossing the finish line

Crossing the finish line
Representing 'Ol Glory!!!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Long time my friends!!!

I know, I know, I know - I've abandoned my blog for some time and I am truly sorry for such a huge delay! There has been a lot going on in my life and training, but no excuses...shall we make a date - twice a week, I BLOG!!! How's that for a New Year's Resolution in March!!!

Ok - to get you all up to speed, I'm still a Team Sports Beans/NTTC girl, and have resigned with Newton, Rudy Project, Blue Seventy, SL3s compression socks, but my biggest leap this year came when I signed a 3 year agreement with Quintana Roo. However, I still maintain my relationship with Hawk, by riding are their amazing wheels and their excellent bottom brackets! I'm a very lucky girl to get the best of both worlds! Thank you to all my sponsors for your continued support and love!

Secondly, and, to me, this is a big step - I've decided to change coaches this year. After much research, interviewing and exploring my options I've decided to partner with Derick Williamson and his team at Durata Training. I'm very excited to work with Derick as I feel as though he has the science, knowledge and experience to take me to the next level of fitness I'm ready to cultivate! (This new coaching style should add fuel to my blogging!!)

Finally, I've already starting 2010 off with a win as I defended my title at the Mercedes Marathon in Birmingham, AL on Feb, 14th. My primary goal was to enter the race and go under my PR of 2:54:25 Well, I did that and won! I went 2:52:56. It was a great day, my race plan unfolded beautifully and I capitalized on it as I did last year. Feels great to win on your home turf! Thank you Bham! Looking forward to writing much more in 2010 - take care!

Cheers!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.